Overview of the Software Development Lifecycle LC00.00
Projects are the way that most new work gets delivered. Projects can include building a house, executing a marketing campaign, upgrading desktop operating systems, developing an IT business application, etc. There are two processes associated with completing a project – project management and the project lifecycle. This class explores and explains the basics of the software development lifecycles – looking specifically at classic waterfall, iterative, Rational Unified Process (RUP) and Agile models.
By the end of this class, attendees should be able to:
- Understand projects, project management and project lifecycles
- Understand the basics of waterfall, iterative (RUP) and Agile software development lifecycles.
Who Should Attend
- Development project managers and team members
- Development managers
- Clients and other stakeholders that would like to understand lifecycle methodologies
- Basics of projects, project management and project lifecycle
- Classic waterfall development
- Iterative development (RUP)
- Agile development
- One day (8 Total PDUs – 8 Technical / 0 Leadership / 0 Strategic)