Project Management Overview PM00.10
Click here to download this overview as a pdf.
Much of the work that you do can be organized as a project. The ability to successfully define and subsequently manage a project is quickly leaving the realm of the extraordinary and is becoming a core competency for many organizations. Managing a project is not easy and project management skills do not come naturally to many people. This class provides an overview of the concepts, processes and techniques associated with formal project management. It is targeted toward individuals that need to understand project management concepts, but are not looking for hands-on project management skills.
None, this class provides a basic overview of project management concepts
At the end of this class, participants will be able to:
- Understand how projects differ from ordinary and ongoing work activities
- Discuss the value of utilizing appropriate project management processes
- Identify the various aspects of formally defining a project
- Describe the importance of proactively managing issues, scope, communication, risk and quality
Who Should Attend
- Project team members that need to understand high-level project management concepts
- Clients, customers and all stakeholders that participate in projects
- Overview of projects
- Defining a project
- Building and managing the schedule and budget
- Managing issues
- Managing change
- Managing communication
- Managing risk
- Managing quality
There are numerous exercises to practice the concepts learned in the class.
- One day (8 Total PDUs – 6 Technical / 1 Leadership / 1 Strategic)
Product info: project management, portfolio management, project office, PMO, risk management, project lifecycle management, project consulting, methodology development, quality management, project management training, PMP Exam Prep
Virtual classes (VCT)!
Almost all of our classes are available as virtual classes. These are live classes, taught by experienced instructors, delivered over the web.
Pricing and more information
Email us firstname.lastname@example.org or
Call us at 877.536.8434 or
Submit the form below