Project Management – Back to Basics PM00.20
Much of the work that you do can be organized as a project. The ability to successfully define and subsequently manage a project is quickly leaving the realm of the extraordinary and is becoming a core competency for many organizations. Managing a project is not easy and project management skills do not come naturally to many people – even to many “experienced” project managers. This class provides the foundation for experienced project managers that have not had prior formal training before. It is also a great refresher class for experienced project managers that would like to recap the value associated with rigorous and disciplined project management practices.
- This is an accelerated version of the four-day PM00.00 Project Management Preparation for Success class. The attendees should already have a basic understanding of project management.
At the end of this class, participants will be able to:
- Define the various aspects of a project
- Build an appropriate project schedule
- Effectively manage the project through:
- Schedule management
- Issues and change management
- Communication management
- Risk management
- Quality and metrics management
Who Should Attend
- Experienced project managers and team members that manage and work on projects
- Managers that manage project managers and monitor project status
- Clients, customers and all stakeholders that participate on projects
- Defining a project
- Building and managing a schedule
- Managing issues and change
- Managing communication
- Managing risk
- Managing quality and metrics
The class contains numerous exercises that are worked on throughout the course.
- Two Days (16 Total PDUs – 12 Technical / 2 Leadership / 2 Strategic)