Lessons in People Management PM08.90
Click here to download this overview as a pdf.
People are all different and managing people requires a diverse set of skills. Most people managers do not have an opportunity to attend formal training in these people skills. Managers usually learn through successes and failures that they personally experience.
This class is a chance to learn people management skills in a collaborative group environment. This course presents situational scenarios based on the Lessons in People Management book co-authored by Tom and Jeff Mochal. There are 50 people management topics available. You can pick up to 16 lessons for a typical two-day class. The topics range from conflict resolution and sexual harassment to delegation and creating high performance teams. For each topic, a story is introduced that highlights the topic in a real-world scenario. Each scenario is read and discussed by student teams of 4-5 people. The teams then compare notes as a group to come up with a consensus on the best way (or ways) to respond to each situation. This leads to a great collaborative solution that each attendee can apply in a similar situation in the future.
General Topics (Detailed topics are below)
The class agenda will be determined by the selection of 16 topics from a list of 50 available situational scenarios. Specific scenarios are detailed on the next two pages in the following categories.
- Understand Conflicts, root cause(s) and conflict resolution techniques
- Utilize techniques to Motivate individuals and teams
- Exercise effective Communication techniques
- Apply Leadership skills to influence team behavior
- Coach and Mentor your staff for improved Performance
- Successfully implement Organization changes
- Address sensitive Ethical and moral issues
Who Should Attend
- People managers
- Senior professionals
- Individuals seeking knowledge on how to manage people
Course Outline (For each topic)
- Read a story that describes each scenario
- Formulate response within each team
- Create a general consensus and recommended approach
- One day (8 Total PDUs – 0 Technical / 8 Leadership / 0 Strategic) or;
- Two days (16 Total PDUs – 0 Technical / 16 Leadership / 0 Strategic)
Product info: project management, portfolio management, project office, PMO, risk management, project lifecycle management, project consulting, methodology development, quality management, project management training, PMP Exam Prep
Virtual classes (VCT)!
Almost all of our classes are available as virtual classes. These are live classes, taught by experienced instructors, delivered over the web.
Pricing and more information
Email us email@example.com or
Call us at 877.536.8434 or
Submit the form below