Leadership and Change Management PM08.10
Click here to download this overview as a pdf.
One of the most difficult things for an organization to do is change the way it does business. Implementing change is much more than issuing an edict and expecting everyone to follow your lead. Managers must learn to lead their organization through the change process. Change is hard for managers and your staff. And yet, organizations must change to survive.
It can also be difficult to define the characteristics of a good leader. Most are skills that are developed over time but how can someone achieve them?
This class recognizes the challenges associated with changing how your organization does things, and guides you through a holistic approach to making change stick. It will also explore the qualities of leadership and provide a better understanding of how to develop these skills.
- Understand what leadership is and identify effective leadership behaviors
- Develop a vision and enable your team to execute on your vision
- Understand leadership responsibilities in terms of training and succession planning
- Identify various leadership styles and when to use them
- Understand how to coach and develop teams
- Understand the difficult nature of change and the importance of change management
- Describe an effective change process
- Recognize the obstacles to change in your organization
- Create a change management plan
- Adapt to the changing needs of the organization
Who Should Attend
- Managers at all levels
- Individuals seeking knowledge on how to lead people and organizations
- Project managers and senior team members on projects that introduce and require change
Course Outline (for each situational scenario)
- Identify leadership characteristics
- Defining and executing vision and strategy
- Effective training and continuity plans
- Overview of Leadership Styles and Situational leadership
- Fundamentals of change management
- Change process and obstacles to change
- Managing and adapting to change
- Coping with uncertainty
- Moving forward
- Two days (16 Total PDUs – 0 Technical / 8 Leadership / 8 Strategic)
Product info: project management, portfolio management, project office, PMO, risk management, project lifecycle management, project consulting, methodology development, quality management, project management training, PMP Exam Prep
Virtual classes (VCT)!
Almost all of our classes are available as virtual classes. These are live classes, taught by experienced instructors, delivered over the web.
Pricing and more information
Email us firstname.lastname@example.org or
Call us at 877.536.8434 or
Submit the form below