Earned Value Management PM03.00
Click here to download this overview as a pdf.
Most project managers have a general idea of where they stand against their baseline schedule and budget. They say things like “we are pretty close to schedule” or “we’re about half done”. However, it’s better to be much more precise. Earned Value Management (EVM) gives you the tools and techniques to know where you really stand. You can use EVM to understand whether you are currently ahead of schedule or behind schedule, and whether you are under budget or over budget. Probably of more importance, EVM also allows you to understand how you are trending so that you can better estimate the duration and cost remaining to complete the project. This class provides an overview of EVM and how it is applied and integrated into your project.
- Experience in project management
At the end of this class, participants should be able to:
- Describe the purpose of Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Define basic EVM terms
- Measure performance using earned value techniques
- Describe how to monitor and control project schedule and budget
Who Should Attend
- Project managers using EVM in their organization
- Managers and PMO members that are considering implementing EVM in their organization
- Earned Value Management (EVM) overview
- Earned Value Measurements
- Manage the Schedule and Budget
- Monitor and Control project schedule and budget
- Apply Earned Value Management
There are numerous exercises to reinforce the concepts taught in the class.
- One day (8 Total PDUs – 8 Technical / 0 Leadership / 0 Strategic)
Product info: project management, portfolio management, project office, PMO, risk management, project lifecycle management, project consulting, methodology development, quality management, project management training, PMP Exam Prep
Virtual classes (VCT)!
Almost all of our classes are available as virtual classes. These are live classes, taught by experienced instructors, delivered over the web.
Pricing and more information
Email us email@example.com or
Call us at 877.536.8434 or
Submit the form below