Effectively Managing Small Projects PM00.70
Click here to download this overview as a pdf.
Much of the work that you do can be organized as a project. When the projects are large, they need to be managed with formal project management discipline.
But many projects are not large. They are small work efforts that need to be organized and managed efficiently, but not with the full rigor and structure of formal project management discipline. These are the projects of accountants, teachers, administrators and many others. These projects represent the vast majority of all work executed in businesses all over the world.
This class is focused on teaching fundamental work management techniques and skills to these non-project management professionals. Students will learn how to understand the work that is requested, how to organize the work, how to manage the work and how to execute the work. Underlying the class will be the need to proactively communicate to manage expectations every step of the way.
- None, this class provides an overview of fundamental work management concepts
At the end of this class, participants will be able to:
- Understand how projects differ from ordinary and ongoing work activities
- Understand how to receive work requests and determine what is expected
- Build a simple task list to complete the work
- Manage the work to a successful conclusion
- Identify and resolve problems
- Understand and manage change
- Set and manage expectations using proactive communication
- Understand the concept of risk
Who Should Attend
- Anyone that needs to manage small work initiatives
- Receiving work / understanding requirements and expectations
- Building a task list for accomplishing the work
- Managing the tasks and expectations
- Time management techniques
- Identifying and resolving problems using problem solving techniques
- Understanding and managing changes
- Communicating – the ongoing theme of “communicate, communicate, communicate”
- Understanding and accounting for risks
There are numerous exercises and templates to practice the concepts learned in the class.
- One Day (8 Total PDUs – 8 Technical / 0 Leadership / 0 Strategic)
Product info: project management, portfolio management, project office, PMO, risk management, project lifecycle management, project consulting, methodology development, quality management, project management training, PMP Exam Prep
Virtual classes (VCT)!
Almost all of our classes are available as virtual classes. These are live classes, taught by experienced instructors, delivered over the web.
Pricing and more information
Email us firstname.lastname@example.org or
Call us at 877.536.8434 or
Submit the form below