Project Management for Executives PM00.50
Project management training is usually targeted to project managers and other senior project professionals. But what about company executives? The project sponsor and other senior managers need some knowledge of formal project management as well – for two reasons. First, managers must understand the terminology and concepts that the rest of the staff is learning so that they can communicate intelligently. Second, managers must understand the role they play in ensuring that the project management processes are implemented successfully in their organizations. It’s not just about project managers. All of the management hierarchy has a role to play in ensuring their organizations successfully implement the project management discipline.
Do your senior managers need to attend five days of training to get the proper level of understanding? No, they don’t need that level of detail. This class provides this high-level overview of project management concepts and the role of management in a fast-paced 1/2 day session.
At the end of this class, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the general concepts and processes of project management
- Understand how to perform a quality assurance role on projects in your organization
- Practice active sponsorship and advocacy for a project management initiative
- Provide governance to ensure the correct processes and standards are followed
- Describe the value that project management provides to the organization
Who Should Attend
- Managers at all levels that have projects in their areas
- Client and customer managers, especially those at a level to sponsor projects
- Overview of project management
- General concepts and terminology
- Basic project management processes
- Role of management in project management
- Quality assurance
- Deploy, sponsor and advocate
- Communicate the value
The class contains numerous exercises and group discussion opportunities.
- One-half day (3 PDUs – 0 Technical / 3 Leadership / 0 Strategic)