Understanding Goals, Objectives and Business Needs
Senior managers develop directional statements to set and communicate what is most important to their organizations. This includes high-level statements such as mission, vision, goals and strategies. These statements provide the rest of the organization with the context to understand what is important and what is not important. These statements also provide the framework to ensure that work is aligned within these priorities. These statements, and the discussion of how they impact each organization, are used to develop high-level business needs.
The purpose of this interactive workshop is to understand the direction-setting statements, how to align work to the statements, and how to uncover high-level business needs based on these statements. Students will learn the concepts one at a time and will collaborate on exercises to practice all of the important concepts.
At the end of this class, participants will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of mission, vision, goals, strategies and objectives
- Build a SWOT analysis to better understand the nature of your current organization
- Learn the importance of aligning work to goals, strategies and objectives
- Use the direction setting statements to uncover high level needs
Who Should Attend
- Senior managers that need to develop accurate mission, vision, goals and strategies
- Technical staff that want to provide more business consultation to their management teams
- Senior team members that need to understand high-level customer needs
- Mission, vision, goals, strategies, objectives
- Aligning work
- Uncovering high-level needs
The class contains numerous exercises that are worked on throughout the course.
- One Day (8 Total PDUs – 0 Technical / 4 Leadership / 4 Strategic)