Project Risk Management PM07.00
Click here to download this overview as a pdf.
Risk refers to future conditions or circumstances that exist outside of the control of the project team that will have an adverse impact on the project if they occur. In other words, whereas an issue is a current problem that must be dealt with, a risk is a potential future problem that has not yet occurred.
A reactive Project Manager tries to resolve issues when they occur. A proactive Project Manager tries to resolve potential problems before they occur. Many problems can be seen ahead of time. Risk management is a proactive process that is invoked to attempt to eliminate these potential problems before they occur, and therefore increase the likelihood of success on the project.
- A basic understanding of project management
At the end of this class, participants should be able to:
- Understand general concept of risk in everyday life
- Describe the relationship between risks, assumptions and issues
- Identify risks to your project though a number of data gathering techniques
- Analyze the potential risks to your project and determine which ones to focus on
- Plan appropriate risk responses using a number of different alternatives and options
- Monitor and control known risks, and continually assess the project to identify new risks
Who Should Attend
- Project managers and team members that must identify and resolve project risks
- Managers that monitor projects
- Clients, customers and all stakeholders that participate on projects and are in a position to identify and help respond to risks
- Overview and definition of risk
- Terms – risks, assumptions, issues
- The risk management process
- Risk identification
- Risk analysis
- Risk response
- Risk control
There are numerous exercises to reinforce the concepts taught in the class.
- One day (8 Total PDUs – 6 Technical / 2 Leadership / 0 Strategic)
- Two days (16 Total PDUs – 14 Technical / 1 Leadership / 1 Strategic )
Product info: project management, portfolio management, project office, PMO, risk management, project lifecycle management, project consulting, methodology development, quality management, project management training, PMP Exam Prep
Virtual classes (VCT)!
Almost all of our classes are available as virtual classes. These are live classes, taught by experienced instructors, delivered over the web.
Pricing and more information
Email us email@example.com or
Call us at 877.536.8434 or
Submit the form below