Managing Project Scope PM05.00
Click here to download this overview as a pdf.
Scope is the way that we describe the boundaries of a project. Without proper scope definition, you have no chance to manage scope effectively. When a project is defined, certain expectations are set as to what the project will achieve for an agreed upon cost and within an agreed upon timeframe. If the deliverables of the product change, the estimates for cost, effort and duration may need to change as well. That is really the purpose of scope change management – to ensure that the initial agreements are met, and that the project manager and the sponsor agree to any changes to the expectations. Effective scope management is the art of getting the sponsor to make the decisions on whether scope change requests should be approved.
- None, this class provides a basic overview of setting scope and managing scope during the project.
At the end of this class, participants will be able to:
- Describe the basics of how scope relates to projects and project management
- Establish project scope through the project charter and the requirements gathering process.
- Manage scope effectively on projects.
- Establish scope change management procedures.
Who Should Attend
- Project managers
- Senior staff members
- Senior clients that need to understand these concepts to help manage scope in their organizations
- The basics
- Establishing scope on projects
- Managing scope
- Scope management procedures
There are numerous exercises to practice the concepts learned in the class.
- One-half day (4 Total PDUs – 3 Technical / 1 Leadership / 0 Strategic)
Product info: project management, portfolio management, project office, PMO, risk management, project lifecycle management, project consulting, methodology development, quality management, project management training, PMP Exam Prep
Virtual classes (VCT)!
Almost all of our classes are available as virtual classes. These are live classes, taught by experienced instructors, delivered over the web.
Pricing and more information
Email us email@example.com or
Call us at 877.536.8434 or
Submit the form below