Fundamentals of Portfolio Management PFM00.10
Click here to download this overview as a pdf.
No company has the resources to meet all of its business needs. This is true in the best of times. It certainly is even truer when times are tough. Portfolio management is a process to ensure that your company spends its scarce resources on the work that is of the most value to your company, and work that is most closely aligned to your business goals and strategies. You apply the techniques you use to manage your financial portfolio to your portfolio of work as well.
This class shows students the many aspects of portfolio management that must be understood before the concepts can be successfully deployed. The class focuses on the process of prioritizing and authorizing work, as well as the ongoing management of the portfolio. Students will learn a comprehensive ten-stage model for implementing portfolio management that is consistent with the Project Management Institute Standard for Portfolio Management.
- None, this class provides a basic overview of all aspects of establishing and managing portfolios of work
At the end of this class, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts and benefits of portfolio management
- Establish a work effort to define and lay the foundation for portfolio management
- Create an overall model for selecting, balancing, prioritizing and authorizing work
- Understand how to run and report on the resulting portfolio of work
Who Should Attend
- Senior managers that will sponsor the establishment and management of portfolios
- All managers that must help implement portfolios
- Candidates for the Portfolio Managers
- All other senior staff members that need to understand these important concepts
- Portfolio concepts, terms and benefits
- Define the portfolio structure that is right for your organization
- Evaluate and select all potential work for the portfolio
- Prioritize and balance the work of the portfolio
- Authorize, activate and manage the portfolio on an ongoing basis
- Review and report on portfolio work throughout the year
- Update the portfolio work when organizational strategy changes
- One day (8 Total PDUs – 4 Technical / 2 Leadership / 2 Strategic)
Product info: project management, portfolio management, project office, PMO, risk management, project lifecycle management, project consulting, methodology development, quality management, project management training, PMP Exam Prep
Virtual classes (VCT)!
Almost all of our classes are available as virtual classes. These are live classes, taught by experienced instructors, delivered over the web.
Pricing and more information
Email us email@example.com or
Call us at 877.536.8434 or
Submit the form below