Implementing a Holistic Project / Portfolio Environment
Organizations around the world are implementing formal project management processes and disciplines to deliver their work initiatives on time, within budget and to an agreed upon level of quality. Part of the ability to execute better, faster and cheaper comes from your ability to implement common project management processes and practices.
People often wonder what it will take to implement better project management in their organization. The answer is “it depends”. It depends on the specific needs of each organization and the vision for how each organization wants to move toward their vision. There are many potential initiatives that may be required. The initiatives might start with deploying a common project management process to the rest of the organization. However, they can also do much more including training and coaching, portfolio management optimization, project audits, consolidated project status reporting, project management certification, etc. We help implement an approach we call “Value Add Project Management”.
TenStep can help you understand how to reach your desired future state. We have a standard, but flexible, workshop model to walk through where you are today, where you need to be and the work required to get from here to there. The end product is a Project Improvement Roadmap to define the path to move toward your desired future state.
We will use our predefined workshop model to guide you through:
- Discussing the current and future state of your organization
- Uncovering the gaps to move toward the future state
- Identifying the work required to close the gaps
- Understanding priorities and resource requirements to implement the initiatives
- Mapping out the timeline to deploy the initiatives, concentrating on the most critical aspects first
- Validating the resource requirements to complete the work
- Creating a Project Improvement Roadmap that guides the work over the next 12-18 months
A Project Improvement Roadmap can add significant value to your entire organization. Deploying better process improvement practices is not a trivial affair. We’ve done it before and we can help you get there. Make sure you don’t miss an important step in the journey.