Project Management – Back to Basics PM00.20
Click here to download this overview as a pdf.
Much of the work that you do can be organized as a project. The ability to successfully define and subsequently manage a project is quickly leaving the realm of the extraordinary and is becoming a core competency for many organizations. Managing a project is not easy and project management skills do not come naturally to many people – even to many “experienced” project managers. This class provides the foundation for experienced project managers that have not had prior formal training before. It is also a great refresher class for experienced project managers that would like to recap the value associated with rigorous and disciplined project management practices.
- This is an accelerated version of the four-day PM00.00 Project Management Preparation for Success class. The attendees should already have a basic understanding of project management.
At the end of this class, participants will be able to:
- Define the various aspects of a project
- Build an appropriate project schedule
- Effectively manage the project through:
- Schedule management
- Issues and change management
- Communication management
- Risk management
- Quality and metrics management
Who Should Attend
- Experienced project managers and team members that manage and work on projects
- Managers that manage project managers and monitor project status
- Clients, customers and all stakeholders that participate on projects
- Defining a project
- Building and managing a schedule
- Managing issues and change
- Managing communication
- Managing risk
- Managing quality and metrics
The class contains numerous exercises that are worked on throughout the course.
- Two Days (16 Total PDUs – 12 Technical / 2 Leadership / 2 Strategic)
Product info: project management, portfolio management, project office, PMO, risk management, project lifecycle management, project consulting, methodology development, quality management, project management training, PMP Exam Prep
Virtual classes (VCT)!
Almost all of our classes are available as virtual classes. These are live classes, taught by experienced instructors, delivered over the web.
Pricing and more information
Email us firstname.lastname@example.org or
Call us at 877.536.8434 or
Submit the form below