Project Mgmt Prep for Success (PMBOK Guide View) PM00.40
Much of the work that you do can be organized as a project. The ability to successfully define and subsequently manage a project is quickly leaving the realm of the extraordinary and is becoming a core competency for many organizations. Managing a project is not easy and project management skills do not come naturally to many people. Fortunately, the skills associated with defining and managing a project can be learned. Understanding and practicing the concepts taught in this class increases the likelihood of success on the project.
This course is built on the powerful TenStep methodology, presented in the logical sequence of a complete basic corporate project life span. The basic TenStep methodology has been expanded to encompass all nine areas of the Project Management Body of Knowledge espoused by the Project Management Institute, USA.
At the end of this class, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the general concepts and practices of project management using the PMBOK Guide model
- Understand the work required to successfully plan a project
- Successfully manage project execution
- Control the project using sound project management techniques
- Close all aspects of project execution and project management at the conclusion of the work
Who Should Attend
- Project managers and team members that manage and work on projects
- Managers that manage project managers and monitor project status
- Clients, customers and all stakeholders that participate on projects
- Project management overview and framework
- Planning the project
- Executing the project
- Controlling the project
- Closing the project
The class contains numerous exercises and group discussion opportunities.
- Three days (24 PDUs) or four days (32 PDUs)
(The four-day class encompasses all concepts and exercises. The three-day class is slightly abbreviated.)